January 3, 2014

Stuff and Things 1/3/14

Life as I Know it
HAPPY 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you do for the New Year? Mine was pretty low-key. Watched the New Year's Rockin' Eve in between bouts of Doctor Who with the family. I always have to work on New Year's Eve, so by the time I get off, that's all I want to do. I had a big bowl of caramel ice cream, though, so you might say I had a good time. And New Year's Day, the brother, sister-in-law, and I watched the Doctor Who episode, The End of Time, so the three of us started the new year huddled on the couch crying because of David Tennant feels.
In retrospect, maybe not the best idea. My mother tried to convince me that this episode isn't that sad, but take a look at those big, brown eyes, and that face, and think of him saying those words, and tell me you don't feel your heart break a little bit. (Of course, I always say that that episode wouldn't be half so sad if not for Wilf. When he's trying to convince the Doctor to take the gun and his voice breaks, and oh god I just start gross sobbing)

I also GOT A NEW CAR!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
Isn't it pretty? I've kinda been an obnoxious new car owner, texting everybody pictures, saying, "Lookit my pretty new car! Isn't it pretty? And also, it's pretty." But it is. I haven't settled on a name yet, I gotta get to know it a little better first. Until then, it's my pretty car. Did you notice that it's pretty?

Do you have any New Year's resolutions you want to share? I have one: I have a super-secret project that I've been working on, and I want to have it done by the end of the year (if not completely done, then well on its way to it). I don't want to go into too much detail, because I don't want to jinx it, but there is a way that you can help. If you have any fandoms that you think should have recipes, or any geeky-inspired recipes you want to see, let me know. (And that's all the clue you're getting. :P) And fandom can mean anything that you're enough of a fan of that you would want a recipe for. Doctor Who, My Little Pony, Jane Austen, whatever. Just not Twilight, because I have never wanted to punch a literary character in the face as much as I wanted to punch Edward Cullen. I actually liked Bella (in the first book, at least), but I wanted to punch Edward. And I can't do a recipe for someone I want to punch in the face.

Oh, and I'm avoiding the internet for a bit to avoid Sherlock spoilers. (I advise any US fans to do the same. You only have to hold out until the 19th, and after 2 years of waiting, you can't expect people to be silent) So be aware that if you spoil it for me, I will burn the heart out of you. And yes, I am planning something Sherlock related for the US premiere. Though it remains to be seen if it will work or be an epic fail.

Posts from this Week