December 13, 2013

Stuff and Things 12/13/13

Life as I Know It
Happy friday the thirteenth! The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug is coming out today. If it wasn't for Martin Freeman and my imaginary hubby, I wouldn't want to see it at all. Apparently they added a love triangle? I mean, I don't remember any romance in the book, so I'm very confused. And I don't know who exactly is in the triangle. Bilbo, Smaug, and the lady elf they added? Lady elf better give it up, because the bromance between Martin and Benedict verges on the epic. Guys, I'm a giant Tolkein nerd, but meh.

Speaking of Martin and Benedict, they've released a date for series 3. *dies* January 1st in the UK and January 19th in the US. YAY, they won't make us wait six months!

Apparently I speak nerd so fluently that people around me start picking it up. G's (my co-worker) son's girlfriend apparently wanted Doctor Who pj pants for Christmas, and G was very proud of herself for knowing what that was. And I had to stifle my giggles, because all I could think about was Captain America in The Avengers saying, "I understood that reference!"
But I couldn't actually giggle because she wouldn't have understood that reference. We're working on it.

My car should be coming in next week. *fingers crossed* Hooray!

My giveaway ends on Sunday. Make sure to enter if you haven't already.

Random Things I Wish to Share
This BuzzFeed article has made its rounds through pretty much every one of my friends on Facebook. It's funny cause it's true: 21 Questions New Jerseyans are Tired of Hearing

I love Grumpy cat and Oskar the blind kitty, and this music video starring them is super adorable:

Speaking of super adorable, here's a video of Tom Hiddleston dancing. You're welcome

And you didn't think I'd really skip the new series 3 trailer, did you?

TV
Agents of SHIELD- This episode is what I thought this show would be. Action, adventure, crises of conscience, a split second that changes everything and rips out my heart. This is what I signed on for. And we finally get to learn about Tahiti next ep. I swear if I spy Topher or Victor, I might just explode from over-fangirling.

Sleepy Hollow- Oh, Tom Mison and your intense big blue eyes, you're wonderful. I just wish that things would take more than one episode to resolve. We learned about Ichabod's son at the end of the last episode, and he went all Winchester on the monster. That's huge for his character and for the show. But boom, we found out what happened, Ichabod came to terms with it, and it's over. It's just making the show feel very stilted and choppy. And stop using Abby as a plot device. She's awesome. Give her story.

Posts from this Week