October 9, 2013

Chocolate Toffee Cookies



Blech.

That's pretty much all I have to say. Blech.

I'm super busy, and life is blech.

But you know what's not blech?

These cookies. They are the opposite of blech. They are the anti-blech. They're the things that you bake when you get home from work to make the blech go away.
Cooooookeeeeeehhhhhhhhs. NOMZ.

I wanted chocolate cookies. So that's what I made. I kind of didn't measure the vanilla or salt or baking powder, so I'm kind of guesstimating in the recipe. I just want that out in the open now. I didn't feel like getting out my measuring spoons. Because I had a case of the blechs.

Soft, flavorful, chocolatey cookies, with toffee bits and dark chocolate chips. They are good noms. I used only dark brown sugar and maple syrup as sweeteners, because I like the darker flavors they have when using chocolate. And they created some tasty cookies. Not the prettiest cookies ever, but tasty. And not blech.

I mean, just look at how happy my camera's USB cord was while uploading these photos:
Isn't he cute? Its like a happy little squid. Now I'm going to see this every time I upload photos.
So make these cookies and smile like my USB cord.

Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Yield: 30 cookies

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
½ cup toffee bits

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add in the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet until fully incorporated. Fold in the chips and toffee bits.

Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoonful on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Leave 2 inches between each. Bake 10-12 minutes until the dough is set. Let cool on wire racks.

Recipe by Kim