June 10, 2012

Guest Post: S'mores Milkshake (Sunday S'mores)


Hi all. Due to some personal issues, I won't be able to tend to the blog for a little while. But don't think that means I'm abandoning you. I've asked a few of my fellow Food Stories Award Judges to take over for me until I get back on my feet. These are all truly fabulous ladies, so don't forget to hop on over to their blogs and thank them for helping out.

Taking over today's Sunday S'mores is Jennie, aka The Messy Baker. Jennie's super talented and a total sweetheart, and I'm already drooling over this milkshake. Take it away, Jennie!

Hi. I'm Jennie from The Messy Baker. I was super excited when Kim asked me to guest post for Sunday S'mores. I believe s'mores to be a symbol of summertime. I grew up camping with my family, and we looked forward to evening campfires toasting up marshmallows for gooey s'mores.



I made s'mores milkshakes for today's Sunday S'mores post. They are creamy, chocolatey, and absolutely addictive. I toasted up marshmallows under the broiler, added them to a blender with some rocky road ice cream, graham crackers, and chocolate chips. I gave it a good whiz, and what you end up with is a drinkable s'more. It. Is. Amazing.



[print_this]

S'mores Milkshake

Ingredients:

2 cups rocky road ice cream, about 4 generous scoops

1 graham cracker, broken up into quarters

2 tbs. chocolate chips

1 tbs. toasted marshmallow syrup (optional, but totally yummy)

3 marshmallows, toasted

1/4 cup milk

Instructions:

Turn on the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the marshmallows on the baking sheet and place the sheet under the broiler. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Warning: Do not take your eye off of the marshmallows! They can and will catch on fire if you leave them under the broiler for too long. If you have a gas stove, feel free to toast your marshmallows over the gas flame.

In the bowl of a blender, add chocolate chips, graham cracker, toasted marshmallows, syrup, ice cream, and milk. Blend until smooth. Add more milk or ice cream depending on how thick you like your shake. Enjoy!

[/print_this]



Thank you for allowing to guest post, Kim!

Enjoy!